Inspirational woodcuts – cards to walls
Unique woodblock prints with inspirational messages 4” x 6” mounted on folded card-stock 5” x 7”, with mail envelopes in clear folio. Some are scanned at 3 200 dpi and can be digitally printed to large size.
Each of these handmade cards is unique, created with consciousness and love in my studio at the shore of beautiful Kaneohe Bay. Check for new cards. The carved blocks are printed on prepared BFK paper, cut-up ghost or test prints from previous projects.
GIVE. wood cut. 4″ x 6″ and 4″ x 6″ with 18″ x 24″ digital print.
This post is a continuation of my Allow Surrender Courage Ease entry. The content of the cards reflect my spiritual practice.
At the current moment there are about 30 words or sentences with more coming on. You’ll find a list below. Each print consists of two layers. The first layers derives from test and ghost prints that are cut to size and then printed with the word(s) on top. So, each print is unique.
The word(s) are carved into 1/4″ plywood, then printed on top of the ghost or test print. After drying the 4×6 cards are mounted on 7×10 card stock, which is folded in half to achieve the standard 5×7 folded cards. Finally, each card is put into a clear envelope together with a mailing envelope.
There are a fe steps before carving or cutting the block. Once you have a design you transfer it to the block or draw it on directly. One has to consider the block has to be carved as the reverse or backwards image of what one wants to see in the print.
Printing is fun and messy if one doesn’t watch out. The ink has a tendency to travel from block to hand to apron to paper or in any other possibility that you can imagine and some you can’t.
During the gluing and folding everything has to be clean again.
High Vibrations is the aim.
- ALLOW – Sometimes all we have to do is step back, relax and allow the good things in life come to us
- ALIGN – Align your body, align your intentions and most of all align with your true self, and everything comes easy to you.
- B KIND – There is always room for more kindness.
- COURAGE – Do not despair you have a lot of courage, often it is just hidden.
- CREATE – Express your self. Don’t face reality. Crate your own reality.
- DANCE – Turn up the music, turn on the disco ball and dance.
- (I) FEEL GOOD – We can’t control all circumstances, but we have the power about how we feel. Find something that makes you feel good and build momentum. Good Times will come. I feel good.
- FAITH – It is good to have faith, in someone, something, best to have faith in your true self.
- 12. FUN – Fun, Fun, Fun and don’t stop when daddy takes the T-bird away (for the younger readers, check the Beach Boys, FUN FUN FUN.
- 4 GIVE – Give and forgive. It is essential to forgive in order for liberation to take place. Most of all forgive your self.
- EASE – Ease up. When we do things with EASE, we are most successful.
- JOY – Especially in trying times it serves us well to express joy. Joy is our essential nature.
- LOVE – Be love, love more, love passionately, love life.
- MAKE IT FUNKY – What can I say? Bring some funk into your life, like you just don’t care. Make it Funky
- THINGS ALWAYS WORK OUT… Make it your mantra. Think about it.
- PLAY – God is happiest when the children are at play.
- SURRENDER – Surrender to what you can’t control – Create what you can. Surrender to LOVE.
- TRUST – Trust someone or something, best: “Trust your self”
- YES – Say yes to life.
- BLISS – Follow your bliss.
- Inspire – Inspire someone. Lead by example.
- Free – We are all meant to be free in body and mind.
- IMAGINE – Imagine the impossible, the unthinkable.
- Dream – Hang on to your dreams. Hang on to Your Self.
- GRACE – Isn’t that what we all aim for, doing things gracefully, reaching a state of grace?